Rainbow Springs & Kiwi Encounter Combo
Set amongst the native trees and beautiful forests of Rotorua, Rainbow Springs offers an action-packed, fun-filled, and (whisper it) educational day out for the whole family. Get up close and personal with the wonderful birds, bugs and beasts that call New Zealand home.
Make sure you take a ride on the Big Splash, and don’t forget to head to the crowd-pleasing free-flight Bird Show. There’s also daily animal encounters which allow you to get closer than ever to the park residents including trout, native reptiles and native birds.
Rainbow Springs is the home of New Zealand’s most successful kiwi hatchery. Kiwi are shy creatures who only come out when it’s dark. However, don’t worry about missing them during your daytime visit as entry to our nocturnal kiwi enclosure is included in your day pass! You can also upgrade to our behind-the-scenes Kiwi Encounter tour to learn more about this iconic bird.
Your day pass includes repeat entry for the day of purchase until closing, unlimited rides on the Big Splash, access to the free-flight Bird Show and daily Encounters, entry to the nocturnal kiwi enclosure and kiwi static display.
Kiwi Encounter offers unique behind-the-scenes tours of a working kiwi nursery and hatchery operated by the National Kiwi Trust. This unique scientific attraction allows you an insight into the entire process of kiwi conservation – from kiwi egg collection in the wild, incubation, hatching and then raising of the kiwi until it’s ready to be released back into the wild. This option includes a 30 minute guided tour which departs on the hour from 10.00 am till 4.00 pm daily. People visiting Kiwi Encounter also help to fund the facility thereby directly contributing to kiwi conservation.
- Rainbow Springs is open every day from 8.30am. On Christmas Day the park closes at 5.00pm (last ticket sales are at 4pm).
- During Winter, the last ticket sold is 9.00pm. The car park entry gate is also closed at 9.30pm, with the Park closing at 10.00pm. During Summer (daylight saving hours), the last ticket sold is at 10.00pm. The car park entry gate is also closed at this time, with the Park closing at 10.30pm.
- Kiwi Encounter Behind the Scenes tours operate daily on the hour between 10.00am and 4.00pm.
- You can see kiwi in the open air night aviary from 7.00pm in the winter and 8.30pm in the summer.
- After making your booking online, you will receive a confirmation booking voucher which can be handed to the reception desk at the attraction or activity.