ROTORUA TRIPLE TREAT
This drive yourself Pass includes entrance to:
- Rotorua Museum – a great introduction to the stories and history of Rotorua.
- Agrodome Sheep Show – See some amazing sheep antics in this world famous show!
- Entry to your choice of either Paradise Valley Springs or Rainbow Springs
A great place to learn about the history of Rotorua, in particular the devastating Mt Tarawera eruption in 1886 which destroyed the eighth wonder of the world – the Pink and White Terraces. The museum is in the historic Bath House building, located in the Government Gardens and is a building holding the highest classification under the New Zealand Historic Places Act. As a storehouse of the community’s treasures, the museum is administered by Rotorua District Council and is responsible for many important collections.
Agrodome Sheep Show
Experience Agrodome’s world famous sheep show in an action-packed hour of farming entertainment! You’ll be introduced to 19 breeds of sheep; witness a live sheep shearing demonstration; feed lambs or hand milk a cow; see a live dog trial and even have the chance to bid on a sheep in the lively auction. Afterwards you can learn about the history of the wool industry in the Mill.
Paradise Valley Springs
Paradise Valley Springs is a beautifully presented New Zealand Trout, Bird and Wildlife park, along with a pride of African Lions. It is the only place in New Zealand where you can pat a Lion Cub (at 2:30pm every day)! Get up close to friendly farm animals such as Alpacas, Goats and Sheep to name but a few on the lively farm walk and see native New Zealand birds such as waterfowl on wetlands and the native alpine parrot, the Kea. Visitors can also interact with a variety of wildlife such as Deer, Pigs, Thar and Wallabies which may be hand fed.
Set in 22 acres of beautiful native trees and streams Rainbow Springs is home to a huge variety of New Zealand’s most precious inhabitants including the rare Kiwi. You will also be able to explore the many free flight aviaries, see prehistoric Tuatara, talk to Jenny the hand-reared kea, feed the largest wild trout around and experience the wonder of the live bird show featuring some of the funniest feathered performers you will ever see. You’ll also be able to experience the adrenalin rush of The new Big Splash water ride which takes a journey through the ecological evolution of New Zealand.
- Children under 5 years of age are free of charge.
- The attractions featured in this Pass can easily be visited in half a day or if you prefer, over several days.
- Rotorua Museum Open Daily (except Christmas Day) Summer: 9.00am – 8.00pm (October – March) Winter: 9.00am – 5.00pm (April – September)
- The Agrodome has three sheep shows daily at 9.30am, 11.00am and 2.30pm
- Paradise Valley Springs is open every day from 8am until dark with last entry at 5pm. The lion feeding is at 2:30pm every day
- Rainbow Springs opening hours are 8am to 9:30pm Winter or 10pm in Summer
- After making your booking online, you will receive a confirmation booking voucher which can be handed to the reception desk at the attraction or activity.