|Fly to the site of the largest eruption in New Zealand’s living memory. Mt Tarawera by helicopter offers a privileged view of spectacular craters and domes formed by the 1886 eruption. Here you will enjoy an interesting commentary based on the region’s history, culture and geology. Flights to and from the volcano take in expansive views of our stunning Lakes District, National Parks and a view of Mount Tarawera from above!|
Allow 40 minutes
$385.00 per adult
$288 per child
- All flights depart from the Rotorua City Lakefront, Memorial Drive
- This flight operate with a minimum of 2 adult fares
- Children under 2 are free of charge
- Children aged 2-11 years pay a child fare which is 75% of the adult fare
- As per New Zealand law, Volcanic Air requires individual passenger weights at the time of booking. If an individual passenger weight exceeds 110kg a surcharge may apply. When passengers exceed declared weight on arrival Volcanic Air reserve the right to apply a surcharge. The surcharge equivalent to an additional adult fare will be applied in the event that a change to a larger aircraft is required.
- Please wear comfortable closed in walking shoes and clothes appropriate to the conditions on the day. It is always a good idea to bring a light jacket, water, sunscreen and of course a camera!