Take off from Lake Taupo!
Get on board a high-wing Cessna 206 seaplane for a Taupo scenic flight you won’t forget: experience your take-off (and landing) from the water, then enjoy unrestricted views, looking down on sparkling lakes, snow-capped mountains and volcanoes, geothermal wonders, rolling surf beaches and lush forest.
A Peek at the Lake.
Take off from the waters of Taupo Bay, past Acacia Bay to Rangatira Point viewing the crystal clear waters of Whakaipo and Mine Bay. Fly up through the Mapara Valley to view red scoria quarries before passing over the headwaters of the mighty Waikato River.
See the bubbling mud and steaming vents of the mysterious “Craters of the Moon” thermal area and onto the bore fields of the Wairakei Power station, following the maze of pipe work to the power station.
The finale – an aerial circuit of the magnificent Huka Falls, over Taupo’s town, and coming in to land along Taupo’s lakefront (approx 20 minutes flight time).
A minimum of two adults are required for the Taupo Floatplane, and a maximum of 110kg per person.
- You’ll need a reservation for this activity! Entry your preferred time and day when you buy your activity
- This trip is with Taupo Floatplane and is approximately 20 minutes in duration
- See Lake Taupo, Acacia Bay, Craters of the Moon and Huka Falls from the air
- Kids are aged 3 – 15 years old, under 3 years are free
- A family is 2 adults and up to 3 children
- Your booking may be combined with other people, but hey – you get to make new friends!
- Minimum of 2 adults required for a trip to go ahead
- The route of the trip may change if the weather is not great