Experience the world famous Agrodome sheep show in an action-packed hour of farming entertainment!
You’ll be introduced to 19 breeds of sheep; witness a live sheep shearing demonstration and even have the chance to bid on a sheep in the lively auction.
But it’s not just about the sheep. Be amazed by the remarkable Huntaway dogs and the Strong-eye Heading dog as they demonstrate their ability to respond to commands and keep those sheep in line!
If a hands-on experience is what you want, then jump up on stage for the opportunity to feed the lambs or even hand-milk a cow!
Set in 22 acres of beautiful native trees and streams Rainbow Springs is home to a huge variety of New Zealand’s most precious inhabitants including the rare Kiwi, with the park being home to New Zealand’s largest and most successful kiwi conservation centre, which has released over 1,000 kiwis into the wild since 1995.
Added to this intimate view of one of the world’s living treasures, you will also be able to explore the many free flight aviaries, feed the birds their breakfast, come face to face with pre-history in the eyes of many tuatara, talk to Jenny the hand-reared kea, feed the largest wild trout you will ever see and experience the wonder of the live bird show featuring some of the funniest feathered performers you will ever see.
You will also be able to experience the adrenalin rush of the new Big Splash water ride which opened in January 2012. The Big Splash is a 9 minute journey through the ecological evolution of New Zealand, finishing with a thrilling adrenalin rush as the log flume careers down a a huge drop through native forest finishing with a Big Splash!
Duration of sheep show: One hour
- Three sheep shows daily at 9.30am, 11.00am and 2.30pm
- Heaps of free parking
- Multi-lingual commentary available in several different languages
- Rainbow Springs
- Opening hours are 8.30am to late.
- Last entry to Rainbow Springs in Winter is at 9.00pm and in Summer 10.00pm.
- The Big Splash ride operates from 9am until 5pm.
- After making your booking online, you will receive a confirmation booking voucher which can be handed to the reception desk at the attraction or activity.