Step aboard the Huka Falls River Cruise boat and experience awesome views of Huka Falls (New Zealand’s highest volume waterfall) from this purpose built riverboat. One of the translations of the word Huka, is foaming water, and believe me, you’ll be cruising an epic amount of bubbling water right at the base of Huka Falls!
Enjoy the super comfy seating inside, or get your sea legs on and enjoy the views from the large rear deck and front viewing platform (get your best Titanic pose ready!).
Take in the crystal clear water, active birdlife and native bush-lined riverbanks. See natural hot water streams and the earth’s energy that drives Wairakei Geothermal Power Station, the world’s first wet steam power station.
Kick back and enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee while cruising on water that is always calm and watch New Zealand’s largest rapids (Aratiatia Rapids) recreated before your cruise starts.
The Huka Falls River Cruise is an excellent cruise for photography and operates in all weather.
- See the might Huka Falls
- Watch the water release at Aratiatia Dam
- I hour 20 min river cruise
- Suitable for all ages
- Children are 5-15 years. Kids under 5 years are free
- Departs 10.30am, 12.30pm, 2.30pm and 4.30pm (summer only)
- Departs from the Aratiatia Dam car park, 630 Aratiatia Road
- 15 mins north of Taupo, 45 minutes from Rotorua