A relaxing way of visiting the attractions below on a seat in coach/minivan basis. A complimentary pick up and drop off service is provided from inner city hotels.
- Te Puia – enjoy a guided tour of this amazing geothermal valley and learn about Maori culture
- Agrodome Sheep Show – pat a lamb and watch some amazing sheep antics!
- Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park – Meet NZ’s most precious inhabitants including the Kiwi, tuatara and rainbow trout, then jump on the Big Splash ride.
At Te Puia you can experience the Maori world, where guides proudly recount stories handed down from their ancestors. Walk around the National Carving and Weaving Schools and watch the traditional craftsmen & women at work. You can also get up close and see the iconic New Zealand Kiwi bird, before venturing into the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley where mud pools bubble and the world famous Pohutu Geyser explodes up to 30 metres high in the air.
Agrodome Sheep Show
Experience Agrodome’s world famous sheep show in an action-packed hour of farming entertainment! You’ll be introduced to 19 breeds of sheep; witness a live sheep shearing demonstration; feed lambs or hand milk a cow; see a live dog trial and even have the chance to bid on a sheep in the lively auction. Afterwards you can learn about the history of the wool industry in the Mill.
Set in 22 acres of beautiful native trees and streams Rainbow Springs is home to a huge variety of New Zealand’s most precious inhabitants including the rare Kiwi. You will also be able to explore the many free flight aviaries, see prehistoric Tuatara, talk to Jenny the hand-reared kea, feed the largest wild trout you will ever see and experience the wonder of the live bird show featuring some of the funniest feathered performers you will ever see. You’ll also be able to experience the adrenalin rush of the new Big Splash water ride which takes a journey through the ecological evolution of New Zealand.
- Infants under 2 years of age are free of charge.
- Child prices apply for those aged 2-14 years.
- Reservations are essential with 48 hours notice required for a confirmed seat.
- When making your booking, please indicate which inner city hotel you are staying at so we can arrange a pick up for you.
- If you are not staying at an inner city hotel, tour will depart from Tourism Rotorua iSite, Cnr Fenton & Arawa St Reporting time is 7.15am.
- Pick up from CBD accommodation starts from 7.30am and tour finishes at 12.15pm approx