Need to Know
- The Ultimate Canopy Tour is a 3.5 hour experience
- Includes 1200 metres of zip line and tandem zip lines, controlled descents, swing bridges, 50 metre high cliff walkway, treetop platforms, spiral stairway, forest trails and ancient native trees
- Includes free photos and amazing kiwi guides!
- Free shuttle is available
- Small groups – no more than 10 adventurers per group
- It’s really awesome!
The Ultimate Rotorua Canopy Tour is higher, longer and more spectacular than the award winning Original Canopy Tour. This journey takes you deeper into untouched New Zealand forest – this experience will show you the New Zealand you came to see. Not for the faint of heart, this experience is a step up in adventure level and incorporates some incredible new features that will blow you away. Your amazing kiwi guides will lead your small group on a personal and unforgettable adventure.
This unmissable experience features a network of ziplines, suspended swingbridges, treetop platforms and forest trails, as you journey deep into 500 hectares of ancient forest. Get below the surface, above the trees, learn about the past and become part of the future – in an adventure like nothing else.
Soar through the trees and experience New Zealand’s ancient forest like never before – an unforgettable zipline adventure! Step into a lost world and come face to face with towering trees. See native flora untouched for centuries in one of the most intact native eco-systems you’ll find anywhere in New Zealand. Immerse yourself in this breathtaking country the way it once was – hear the inimitable birdsong of New Zealand native birds including tuis, North Island robins, kereru and tomtits in their natural habitat.
A uniquely intimate experience, each tour has a limit of 10 people, meaning more time with the authentic Kiwi guides who bring knowledge, fun and creativity to a story that goes back 1000 years.
Rotorua Canopy Tours is an adventure that puts you at the heart of the forest restoration story, with every ticket purchased contributing to conservation efforts which include reintroducing kiwis back into the forest. To date, 250 hectares of the Dansey Road Scenic Reserve have been restored, removing thousands of predators and helping birdlife flourish and replenishing tree health.
Equal parts inspiring, fun and educational, this number one ranked outdoor experience in New Zealand (Trip Advisor) is a must-do adventure activity with brain and heart.
Other stuff you should know:
- Tours depart and finish from the Rotorua Canopy Tours base at 147 Fairy Springs Road.
- Pickups from accommodation are available on request at no extra charge – let us know when you book
- You’ll need suitable suitable walking shoes and an extra layer of warm clothing
- A minimum of 2 customers is needed to run a trip
- You need to be at least 10 years old
- 120kg max weight restriction.
- Can you raise both knees above your hips, walk up 6 flights of stairs unassisted and without a break and be comfortable going on a half-day forest or hill walk? Great! You will enjoy this tour! If you think you need something a bit more relaxed, have a look at the Original Tour
- Rotorua Canopy Tours may cancel or postpone tours due to high winds and electrical storms or when they determines it is unsafe to operate. Still operates in rain!
- Cancellations made within 3 days of departure incur a 100% fee. Changes to the booking time within 3 days are at the discretion of Rotorua Canopy Tours and subject to availability