Paddle across Lake Rotoiti and explore the hot pools on your own stand-up paddleboard!
Rotorua has been a tourist destination since the early 1800’s because of the natural wonders it holds. Boiling Mud, Geyser’s, Hot Pools are dotted all over this magic destination. But how often do you get to paddle over boiling water and bath in hot water streams?
Explore this slice of paradise on the shores of Lake Rotoiti and experience this mystical location as we paddle across hot water vents as you enter an active part of Lake Rotoiti. You can swing by a hot water beach and hot water stream to warm up the toes and relax the muscles.
This tour is susceptible to the wind, and in the case of high winds, you will utilise alternative locations with your permission.
- Allow 3.5 hours (2 hour paddle time)
- Guided stand up paddleboard tour
- Departs 9am, 12pm & 3pm daily during summer. Winter times on demand
- Minimum age 8 years with a guardian
- No experience necessary!
- Moderate level of fitness required
- Free photos
- Bring a swimsuit & towel. A hat or cap is recommended but not essential. Everything else is provided
- Free transfers from central Rotorua available (booking required)
- Food options available nearby to satisfy your hunger (not included in price)