New Zealand’s Cheapest Skydive!
Your skydive begins with a scenic plane ride up to 9,000ft. As you climb, you’ll get a glimpse of the sheer size and beauty of Lake Taupo – the biggest lake in the Southern Hemisphere!
Once you’ve reached altitude, the doors will open, you’ll sit on the edge of the plane with your tandem master seated behind you. If it hasn’t already, the excitement will have well and truly kicked in by now! Get ready…it’s time to jump! As you plunge from the plane into the fresh air, you’ll experience the best adrenaline rush of your life! Reaching speeds of up to 200km per hour, the thrill of freefall is something you’ll never forget.
After an insane 30 seconds of freefall, you’ll then float back to earth with a relaxing parachute ride with your tandem master, arriving safe and soundly back at the drop zone. You’ll be buzzing long after your feet touch the ground.
#1 Skydive on Tripadvisor
Taupo Tandem Skydiving is New Zealand’s #1 Rated Skydive on Tripadvisor. Operating for over 25 years, they are the original tandem dropzone in NZ – they’ve thrown over 200,000 crazy people out of their planes! A skydive with TTS is unforgettable – you’ll see volcanoes, coast-to-coast views of the North Island and the incredible shores of Lake Taupo
- Includes solo tandem skydive from 9,000 ft
- 30 seconds of free fall
- Incredible views of Lake Taupo, ‘Mt Doom’, and the North Island
- Complimentary pickups within Taupo throughout the day in their SWEET stretch Hummer!
- There’s no age limit, but you need to be able to fit in the harness
- Maximum weight is 100kg
- Jumpsuit, goggles, hat and buff provided
- The actual skydive portion will take around 30 minutes and ideally you will be finished in about 2 hours including your photos and videos, but allow 2-3 hours for the entire process to allow for operational and weather delays.
- Taupo Tandem Skydive is located at the Taupo Airport, Anzac Memorial Drive, Taupo
- Open every day except Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Years Day